WIRES 35th Anniversary
Through March, we have been celebrating the 35th anniversary of WIRES rescuing, rehabilitating and releasing native wildlife. When WIRES was founded back in 1986, little did we know that 35 years later we would become the largest wildlife rescue organisation in Australia.
Click image to enlarge
In the last 15 years, over 20,000 WIRES volunteers have helped wildlife. This includes providing rescue advice and assistance for over 1,000,000 animals.
We currently have over 3,500 members and work closely with hundreds of vets to assist wildlife. In addition to these members, we have a dedicated Emergency Response Team with emergency responder vehicles to provide immediate assistance.
Recently we announced the Rescue 101 volunteering program with the aim to create a more flexible option for those interested in helping sick, injured and orphaned wildlife. This training is an Introduction to Wildlife Rescue, and we hope it will encourage more people to active care for native animals.
WIRES provided rescue advice and assistance for over 100,000 animals in the last financial year alone and will continue to work for the best outcomes for our wildlife.
Morning and night, 7 days a week, 365 days a year WIRES members rescue and care for wildlife.
Thank you for your continued support and for joining us on this journey.
Stay in touch and get our regular rescue stories, WIRES updates and a free copy of our 15 Ways to Help Wildlife ebook
- Support WIRES when you shop online with PayPal
- Restoring Wildlife Corridors
- Limited edition wombat cake helps to support wildlife.
- Satin Bowerbird chicks reunited with parents
- Orphaned Wallaroo joey
- NSW Flood Response November 2022
- WIRES partnership with Flight Centre Foundation takes off
- 2022 Wildlife Photography Competition
- Improving Animal Rescue Response Times
- Australia State of the Environment Report 2021