Contact [email protected] for enquiries or call 0416 272 153.
For the latest updates on bushfire recovery projects and emergency response
Read WIRES Emergency Recovery Plan and WIRES National Emergency Response Plan
The Ripper Alliance Partnership
WIRES has partnered with The Ripper Alliance investing $150,000, with the generous support of Westpac, in a six-month trial to test the use of drone technology to assist in the provision of fast rescue assistance for wildlife impacted by major emergencies. It is anticipated that the use of drones will complement on the ground efforts to identify surviving wildlife in bushfire affected areas.
Beyond this immediate crisis, WIRES is committed to utilising innovative technology to improve outcomes for all wildlife and this partnership presents a new opportunity to access critical information about the prevalence and movements of certain species as well as mapping habitat to inform future decisions on how we can better protect native wildlife.
Stay in touch and get our regular rescue stories, WIRES updates and a free copy of our 15 Ways to Help Wildlife ebook
- Support Stronger nature Laws
- Helping Endangered Cockatoos: WIRES Grant Success Story
- Landmark Conservation Project Ensures The Future of The Northern Bettong
- Wildlife Road Collisions Unveiled
- Loggerhead Turtle Release
- National Volunteer Week
- WIRES 2nd Wildlife Ambulance in Tasmania
- Helping feed 350 Parma Wallabies
- Tambaroora fire wildlife search and rescue
- Snake-friendly Fire and Rescue