Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries or call 0416 272 153.
Read the latest updates on our emergency and bushfire projects here.
WIRES Research Grants Program
WIRES LAUNCHES RESEARCH GRANTS PROGRAM FOR WILDLIFE SECTOR
WIRES has developed a $1.5 million research grants program to provide support for wildlife researchers across Australia. WIRES Research Grants Program, supported by the Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales, is designed to champion innovative research that aims to address current knowledge gaps and develop best practice methods for wildlife rehabilitation and conservation.
The first stage of the program is open for applications on 25th February 2022 and submissions will close on March 23rd. Applicants from research institutions can submit proposals for funding of up to $50,000 over three years. A total of $500,000 in grants will be awarded this year, with the remaining amount dispersed over the next two years.
WIRES Research Grants Program support research projects across four important categories (4Rs):
Research that will help reduce the chances of wildlife requiring rescue and rehabilitation.
2. Rescue and Rehabilitation:
Research that will improve rescue and rehabilitation methods.
Research that would improve post-release outcomes for rehabilitated wildlife.
Research that aids the recovery of wild populations and their habitats.
Project outcomes should also align with the objectives of the WIRES Research Grants Program, which are:
1. Identify and address current research gaps that will result in evidence-based approaches to objectively reduce future risk to and improve the health and habitats of Australian native species.
2. Advance scientific research into key issues impacting Australian wildlife and their habitats, through strategic investment.
3. Raise awareness and implementation of proven wildlife rehabilitation and conservation methods.
4. Promote best practice emergency preparedness and response in the context of wildlife conservation.
Click on the following link to find out more & apply: WIRES Research Grants Program
The WIRES Research Grants Program (WIRES RGP) is proudly supported by the
Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales
Stay in touch and get our regular rescue stories, WIRES updates and a free copy of our 15 Ways to Help Wildlife ebook
- WIRES Introduces Rescue Course for Sea Snakes
- WIRES opens Greater Sydney’s largest purpose-built Koala Rehabilitation Centre
- WIRES Sponsoring Conservation in Action Conference
- WIRES launches National Rescue Course for Koalas
- WIRES Research Grants Program
- 2021 WIRES National Grant Program Grantees
- WIRES EXTENDS NATIONAL SUPPORT FOR KOALA RESEARCH
- WIRES Research Survey
- Turtle Conservation
- 2021 Wombat Day Announcement