WIRES Donor Charter
- We are committed to improving outcomes for native animals;
- We act with integrity and use donations wisely;
- We value your feedback and respect your privacy.
Donations to WIRES are used for:
- Rescuing and caring for sick, injured, or orphaned native wildlife;
- Operating our Wildlife Rescue Office 365 days a year, 24/7;
- Rehabilitating native animals for return to the wild;
- Delivering and promoting best practice wildlife rescue and rehabilitation, adhering to all relevant legislation and codes of practice;
- Optimising wildlife welfare outcomes, placing the best interests of each animal first at all times;
- Improving wildlife emergency response capability;
- Increasing our capacity to rescue and care for higher numbers of animals;
- Supporting our volunteers;
- Subsidising food costs for wildlife in care;
- Developing and delivering training courses for volunteers, employees, licenced rehabilitators and industry professionals;
- Providing community information and education about wildlife, wildlife habitat and the need for habitat re-establishment;
- Increasing community and government awareness of the dangers to wildlife, and the need to protect native animals;
- Advocating for the long-term preservation of wildlife and wildlife habitat;
- Engaging the community, government and key partners in long-term programs to support wildlife and wildlife habitat recovery;
- Undertaking and encouraging wildlife research with the best interest of the animals placed first;
- Implementing programs to support wildlife and the wildlife sector;
- Expanding our services so that we can help wildlife for generations to come.
We take your security seriously and all transactions are encrypted and processed on a secure server, so you can submit your credit card details with confidence.
Did you know that WIRES...
- Receives tens of thousands of calls each year to help sick, injured and orphaned native animals;
- Trains thousands of people in wildlife rescue and care annually and has over 3,500 volunteers;
- Has been serving Australian wildlife and the community for over 35 years;
- All gifts to WIRES $2 and over are tax-deductible within Australia.