A little contribution each pay makes a massive difference for native animals.
Workplace or Payroll Giving is one of the simplest and cost effective ways to give tax deductible donations to support WIRES wildlife rescue and care work that assists tens of thousands of native animals every year. Workplace giving is a simple yet powerful way for employees and employers to help sick, injured and orphaned through regular payroll donations.
By supporting WIRES through Workplace Giving you will help:
- Provide wildlife information and education to the community
- Rescue and care for native wildlife until they can be released back into the wild
- Protect and preserve native animals for future generations
Benefits of workplace giving for employees
Workplace giving donations are deducted from your pre-tax salary, giving you the benefit of reducing your taxable income immediately and stretching your donation dollars further.
- You can donate as much or little as you like - no amount is too small to positively impact the lives of disadvantaged wildlife and just 50c a day ($15 a month) makes a huge difference.
- Payments come out automatically and you can opt out anytime
- Your company may agree to match your donation which would double your impact
- You can sign up for our free e-news or connect with us on facebook to stay up to date on rescues and information about how your donations are helping us help wildlife.
Workplace giving is a vital income stream for WIRES and we invite you to download the workplace giving employee information sheet or contact us for further information and assistance.
Benefits of workplace giving for employers
Workplace giving is a simple way to enhance your business’s involvement in the community, with clear business, employee and community benefits. Payroll giving is a powerful way to demonstrate corporate social responsibility and commitment to causes employees care deeply about. The deductible donations made through workplace or payroll giving help:
- Create a more connected workplace where giving is seen as a collaboration between employer and employee
- Enhance your organisations’ corporate social responsibility and community programs
- Aid in the retention and recruitment of staff
- Increase your company's charitable giving with little effort or cost & allow you to monitor the level of charitable giving your company has achieved.
- Companies can enhance their staff’s workplace giving program by electing to implement a matching gift program. This is an incentive for staff to donate through a company workplace giving program, and help raise more funds for WIRES work with wildlife.
The Australian Charities Fund and the Centre for Social Impact conducted a detailed study in 2013 that showed people involved in workplace giving are more engaged and motivated towards their employer.
Workplace Giving is a vital income stream for WIRES and we invite you to download the workplace giving information sheet or contact us for further information and assistance.
Make a donation
Our Donor Charter
- We are committed to improving outcomes for native animals
- We act with integrity and use donations wisely
- We value your feedback and respect your privacy
Donations to WIRES are used to:
- Improve our capability to rescue and care for more animals
- Operate our Wildlife Rescue Office 365 days a year
- Subsidise food costs for wildlife in care
- Provide community wildlife information and education
- Provide wildlife training courses for volunteers and the community
- Support our volunteers
- Grow our service so that we can help wildlife for generations to come
We take your security seriously and all transactions are encrypted and processed on a secure server, so you can submit your credit card details here with confidence.
Did you know that WIRES...
- Receives tens of thousands of calls each year to help sick, injured and orphaned native animals.
- Trains hundreds of people in wildlife rescue and care every year and has over 3000 volunteers
- Has been serving wildlife and the community for almost 35 years