Thursday, November 5, 2015
WIRES free Wildlife Rescue App has reached a milestone: 10,000 downloads, and is currently ranked among the top 300 lifestyle apps in Australia. WIRES rescue app provides wildlife advice and rescue assistance for native animals from your phone or tablet. It provides a quick and easy way to find out how you can help sick, injured or orphaned wildlife.
You can report a rescue directly from the app and find out some the most important information you need to know if you find a native animal in distress.
Using the WIRES app you can:
- Report a rescue
- Find a vet nearby
- Access wildlife information
- Get wildlife rescue advice and assistance 7 days a week
- Register to receive rescue story updates
- Register your interest in volunteering to receive details about upcoming training courses
- Make secure credit card donations to make a difference for wildlife
Since the launch last year our app has been used for:
- Over 6,915 searches for rescue help
- Over 5,998 searches for wildlife information
- Over 1,000 searches each for further information about possums, birds, snakes, flying-foxes, lizards and turtles
- Over 946 searches for interstate rescue assistance
Be prepared as you never know when you might come across a native animal needing help. Load our rescue app onto your phone today and help us to save more lives.