WIRES Introduces Vaccination Grants Program for Veterinary Clinics
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
UPDATE: Applications for Round 1 have closed. Round 2 Applications are now open
please visit to apply
WIRES is calling for veterinary practices who
would like to treat flying-foxes or expand the treatment they currently
provide, to apply for a grant to cover the costs of necessary
vaccinations for staff. WIRES Veterinary Vaccination Grants are
available for vet clinic staff nationally.
Flying-foxes are highly susceptible to heat stress, with mass deaths and mass rescues unfortunately becoming more common in summer months and entire colonies can be severely affected.
The vaccination program will help species including the Spectacled, Grey-headed and Christmas Island Flying-foxes which are classified as vulnerable to extinction or endangered. The devastating drought and fires impacted billions of animals and the Grey-headed Flying-fox was identified as one of 119 species requiring urgent intervention. Flying-foxes are important long range pollinators and crucial to healthy ecosystems and the regeneration of Australian native forests.
This Vaccination Grant Program includes the initial vaccinations required, which will need to be administered by a medical professional.
Applications close Monday 30th November.
For more details please visit - https://www.wires.org.au/veterinary-vaccination-grants
Stay in touch and get our regular rescue stories, WIRES updates and a free copy of our 15 Ways to Help Wildlife ebook
- Phillip Island Nature Parks National Grant Update
- WIRES Emergency Response Team attends the Response, Recovery and Resilience Expo
- WIRES attends the Conservation in Action Conference
- Floods and Storms - Wildlife Assistance Advice
- Flying-fox Veterinary Vaccination Grant
- Flood Emergency 2022
- University of Sydney Native Wildlife Health and Disease Research Grant Update
- Yellow-bellied Glider, vocal and vulnerable
- Living with wildlife: Domestic Pets
- Heat Stress in Flying-foxes - Interview with Dr. Tania Bishop