WIRES and ARC Helping Wildlife
WIRES have been working closely with ARC, the Animal Rescue Cooperative, during and in the aftermath of the bushfires that devastated Australia during spring and summer.
Together, we have been delivering on the ground support to wildlife carers around Australia. This includes a significant financial partnership in wildlife food donations to feed thousands of native animals affected by the fires and drought. WIRES are proud to have worked with ARC to deliver tonnes of hay, joey formula, bird seed, macropod pellets and fresh vegetables to wildlife carers.
Both ARC and WIRES have received many items, including knitted pouches, knitted bird nests, hanging pouches and bat wraps which were generously made by talented people all over the world. With ARC's extensive network of volunteers and transport we have been able to deliver these items along with medical supplies, towels and blankets to wildlife carers in need.
ARC and WIRES have also formed a partnership with the Australian Men's Shed Association to construct and deliver artificial homes to native wildlife. These include houses for multiple possum species, gliders, birds and microbats. They will be deployed to areas which have been burnt to provide safe shelter for surviving animals.
Stay in touch and get our regular rescue stories, WIRES updates and a free copy of our 15 Ways to Help Wildlife ebook
- WIRES Emergency Response Team attends the Response, Recovery and Resilience Expo
- WIRES attends the Conservation in Action Conference
- Floods and Storms - Wildlife Assistance Advice
- Flying-fox Veterinary Vaccination Grant
- Flood Emergency 2022
- Yellow-bellied Glider, vocal and vulnerable
- Living with wildlife: Domestic Pets
- Heat Stress in Flying-foxes - Interview with Dr. Tania Bishop
- 2021 Wildlife Photography Competition
- National Science Week: Conservation Ecology with Aussie Ark