Contact [email protected] for enquiries or call 0416 272 153.
For the latest updates on bushfire recovery projects and emergency response
Read WIRES Emergency Recovery Plan and WIRES National Emergency Response Plan
Limited edition wombat cake helps to support wildlife.
Woolworths Supermarkets has created a limited edition 'Wally The Wombat' chocolate cake to help support WIRES Wildlife Rescue efforts this summer..
The team at Woolworths Supermarkets created a limited edition sweet treat - the Wally the Wombat cake. Decked with Belgian chocolate decorations, Wally tastes as sweet as he looks.
Australia’s wildlife has had a rough few years between drought, bushfires and record rains and Woolworths Supermarkets were determined to help all Australians - including the furry ones.
To help support Australian animals, $1 from each sale of Wally the Wombat will be going directly to WIRES.
The funds raised will help WIRES look after orphaned or injured wildlife and return them to their natural habitat. The Wally cake can be found in select stores across the country and online while stocks last.
WIRES is grateful for the ongoing support from Woolworths across many collaborative initiatives to help improve outcomes for native wildlife: http://bit.ly/3zG3RLd
Stay in touch and get our regular rescue stories, WIRES updates and a free copy of our 15 Ways to Help Wildlife ebook
- Nature Conservation Council's Bushfire Conference
- Support Stronger Nature Laws
- Helping Endangered Cockatoos: WIRES Grant Success Story
- Landmark Conservation Project Ensures The Future of The Northern Bettong
- Wildlife Road Collisions Unveiled
- Loggerhead Turtle Release
- National Volunteer Week
- WIRES 2nd Wildlife Ambulance in Tasmania
- Helping feed 350 Parma Wallabies
- Tambaroora fire wildlife search and rescue