Contact email@example.com for enquiries or call 0416 272 153.
Read the latest updates on our emergency and bushfire projects here.
Bushfire recovery update: Mid North Coast Macropod Enclosure Construction
Monday, March 29, 2021
Many WIRES members directly felt the impact of the 19/20 bushfire season and continue their efforts to rebuild after the tragic losses experienced.
WIRES carer Cheryl, the Macropod Coordinator in the Mid North Coast region of NSW, lost an entire enclosure to these fires.
With the support of Foundation for National Parks & Wildlife and ongoing maintenance/upkeep from WIRES, this enclosure is in the process of being rebuilt. Two pens are being built; a Macropod rescue/release pen and a Macropod joey rescue/release pen. Both will be fully equipped to care for Macropods from rescue to release.
Progress on this rebuild continues, the land it will be constructed on has been levelled by a bulldozer and we are waiting on fencing to be installed. You can see green reappearing in the surrounding landscape.
This rebuild will directly impact the wellbeing of local wildlife, particularly Eastern Grey Kangaroos who will be cared for extensively again.
Stay in touch and get our regular rescue stories, WIRES updates and a free copy of our 15 Ways to Help Wildlife ebook
- Rufous or Rat?
- Living with wildlife: Domestic Pets
- Heat Stress in Flying-foxes - Interview with Dr. Tania Bishop
- 2021 Wildlife Photography Competition
- National Science Week: Conservation Ecology with Aussie Ark
- Koala Health Hub | Project Update
- Polar Blast may impact vulnerable animals
- WIRES Supporting ARC in Emergency Response Capacity Building
- Men's Sheds Helping Wildlife
- Flying-fox Veterinary Vaccination Grant