2022 Wildlife Photography Competition
Image: Merryl Watkins
Each year WIRES runs a highly anticipated wildlife photography competition. This competition is an opportunity for our community to share their favourite photographs of Australian native wildlife taken in the wild or in care over the past year. The images shared with us and those selected as our finalists in previous years have been simply stunning and we are excited to see all the submissions for 2022.
Selected images are used to produce the wildly popular WIRES 2023 Wildlife Calendar with funds raised from the sale of the calendars going directly to help support us to operate our rescue and care services for wildlife 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Thanks to your support we can provide better wildlife education, rescue and care for more animals and save more lives every day.
To enter the competition, you must:
- Submit an original digital image of native Australian wildlife.
- Entries must be posted on Instagram by a public profile using the #WIRESPhotoComp22 hashtag.
- Entries must be posted & tagged between 9/09/2022 & 30/09/2022
In the event a photographer does not have a public Instagram account, entries may be sent by email. Your photograph/s (a maximum of four (4) entries per person) must be posted/sent within the competition period. If you do not have Instagram account entries can be submitted by email to [email protected] with “Photo Competition 2022 Entry” in the subject line.
Images must be in landscape format and in high resolution. Shortlisted finalists will need to submit the image in .JPEG, .JPG or .PNG format. Altered images will not be accepted.
Shortlisted winners will be notified by phone or email on 17/10/2022.
- Photo of ‘Betty’ the koala by Kara Rosenlund, beautifully framed and delivered by Frame Shop
- $500 Frame Shop voucher to print and frame your winning picture, or one of your choice!
Image: Kara Rosenlund
Photographers of all images selected for the WIRES Wildlife 2023 Calendar will receive three complimentary copies of the calendar.
People’s choice award
The winner of the “people's choice award” will have their photograph featured on the cover of the WIRES 2023 Wildlife if suitable. Voting opens 13/10/2022.
Remember that to enter you need to upload an image to Instagram using the #WIRESPhotoComp22 hashtag. Even if you are not entering make sure you have a scroll through the #WIRESPhotoComp22 hashtag to see all the amazing images of native Australian wildlife!
Visit and like our Instagram page to keep up to date on all announcements and cast your vote in the “People’s choice award”.
WIRES 2023 Calendars will be available for sale in November.
Good luck to everyone entering this year. We can’t wait to see what you’ve captured!
Image: Monique Slaczka
Image: Malcolm Campbell
Stay in touch and get our regular rescue stories, WIRES updates and a free copy of our 15 Ways to Help Wildlife ebook
- Support WIRES when you shop online with PayPal
- Restoring Wildlife Corridors
- Limited edition wombat cake helps to support wildlife.
- Satin Bowerbird chicks reunited with parents
- Orphaned Wallaroo joey
- NSW Flood Response November 2022
- WIRES partnership with Flight Centre Foundation takes off
- 2022 Wildlife Photography Competition
- Improving Animal Rescue Response Times
- Australia State of the Environment Report 2021